Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
June 30th marks the last day of June and the official halfway point of 2014, but that doesn't mean that you have to be behind on the latest wedding trends! Check out our list of the top 10 wedding trends of the year.
1. Deep plum and blush pink: Whether it's the invitations, the notorious bridesmaids dresses, or the linens, we will be seeing these shades a lot this year!
2. Wedding cakes with texture: Bakeries have moved on from cakes with plastic pillars and are now implementing ruffles, frills, and pops of color that are sure to make your wedding cake look dramatic!
3. Lace: Because who doesn't want to look as elegant as Duchess Kate on their wedding day? If you're not one for wearing a lace dress, you can use strings of lace as ties for the bridal party's bouquets and boutonnieres or place soft, romantic touches of lace on your tables.
4. Patterns: We don't mean harsh patterns such as chevron, but something more along the lines of florals and trellis-patterns.
5. Peonies: If you are among the lucky brides whose weddings fall in the blooming season of the peony, don't pass this flower up!
6. Smaller invitations: Either because they are easier to handle or they add a touch of cute-ness to a wedding, more brides have been choosing to use invitations smaller than the standard 5x7 size.
7. The vintage theme: Ah, the classic days of Gatsby. Going with a vintage theme doesn't mean you need a wedding that directly copies the roaring twenties, but Leo made it look pretty good! Mainly, "vintage" means re-creating the formalities of the past (think: crystal candlesticks and elegant scripts).
8. Shoe checks: Kick off those heels and give your feet a break! As more brides have been picking casual venues such as a beach or backyard for their wedding, they have been implementing shoe checks where guest can exchange their high heels for a pair of sandals.
9. String quartet versions of modern songs: Popular songs have begun to beat out traditional melodies when it comes walking down the aisle. Check out this video of Mitchell from Modern Family walking down the aisle to a string quartet version of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros (fast forward to 1:12, where the music begins). For more non-traditional songs to play when walking down the aisle, read this article on Avenue Wedding's site.
10. After the party comes the after-party: As the reception ends and older family members begin to check-out the for the night, more and more couples have begun to hold an after-party for their close friends. What better way to keep the celebration going?
Image Sources 1| 2| 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 24