Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
June 30th marks the last day of June and the official halfway point of 2014, but that doesn't mean that you have to be behind on the latest wedding trends! Check out our list of the top 10 wedding trends of the year.
1. Deep plum and blush pink: Whether it's the invitations, the notorious bridesmaids dresses, or the linens, we will be seeing these shades a lot this year!
2. Wedding cakes with texture: Bakeries have moved on from cakes with plastic pillars and are now implementing ruffles, frills, and pops of color that are sure to make your wedding cake look dramatic!
3. Lace: Because who doesn't want to look as elegant as Duchess Kate on their wedding day? If you're not one for wearing a lace dress, you can use strings of lace as ties for the bridal party's bouquets and boutonnieres or place soft, romantic touches of lace on your tables.
4. Patterns: We don't mean harsh patterns such as chevron, but something more along the lines of florals and trellis-patterns.
5. Peonies: If you are among the lucky brides whose weddings fall in the blooming season of the peony, don't pass this flower up!
6. Smaller invitations: Either because they are easier to handle or they add a touch of cute-ness to a wedding, more brides have been choosing to use invitations smaller than the standard 5x7 size.
7. The vintage theme: Ah, the classic days of Gatsby. Going with a vintage theme doesn't mean you need a wedding that directly copies the roaring twenties, but Leo made it look pretty good! Mainly, "vintage" means re-creating the formalities of the past (think: crystal candlesticks and elegant scripts).
8. Shoe checks: Kick off those heels and give your feet a break! As more brides have been picking casual venues such as a beach or backyard for their wedding, they have been implementing shoe checks where guest can exchange their high heels for a pair of sandals.
9. String quartet versions of modern songs: Popular songs have begun to beat out traditional melodies when it comes walking down the aisle. Check out this video of Mitchell from Modern Family walking down the aisle to a string quartet version of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros (fast forward to 1:12, where the music begins). For more non-traditional songs to play when walking down the aisle, read this article on Avenue Wedding's site.
10. After the party comes the after-party: As the reception ends and older family members begin to check-out the for the night, more and more couples have begun to hold an after-party for their close friends. What better way to keep the celebration going?
Image Sources 1| 2| 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 24
PHOTO CREDITS: MATT CLAYTON
One second you thought you lost the biggest game of your life… and then, the next second, you realize it isn’t over just yet. With Ghana losing to Portugal, the United States of America proceeds to the next round against Belgium giving them the opportunity to continue this team's legacy. But, for one of our favorite players, he has much more on his mind than just the game. His stunning newly-wed bride, Kate Pappas.
This week we found Kyle Beckerman’s engagement photos both on and off the field. If you can’t wait until Tuesday, July 1 (at 4:00 PM on ESPN) and you’re having withdrawal from the U.S. of A.’s hunk Beckerman, check out Matt Clayton’s engagement photographs of the happy couple!
While he and his longtime girlfriend, Nicole, were watching the USA vs. Portugal World Cup game on Monday, Nick Bastress had a surprise up his sleeve. During one of the commercial breaks, his face suddenly appeared on the television screen talking directly to his girlfriend. It didn't take long for her to realize that he was proposing, to which she immediately said yes. Watch it all on Good Morning America's report of the proposal, including the clip of when she said yes! Congratulations to the happy couple from the entire Kyle Michelle crew!
The ladies here at Kyle Michelle Weddings definitely have developed FIFA fever, but this latest collection of 2014 bridal wear has tested our dedication to the sport when it comes to integrating it into a wedding. The dress pictured below in the middle is called "Golden Goal Wedding Dress" in honor of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and it is just one of the many wedding dresses that has been designed with soccer in mind. The Sao Paulo's Housewife Dresses for Brides Shop in Brazil also recently released a FIFA-themed collection, which is dominated by the colors of the Brazilian flag. That's right, NONE of them are white!
Although the idea of designing bridal dresses after the world's sport is fairly unique, non-white wedding dresses are quickly becoming a common theme in 2014's weddings. In fact, Vera Wang just debuted fourteen dresses in her Fall 2014 Wedding Dress collection that ranged from pink to peony. You can view all of them here! So what do think about ditching the white and going with a bolder color choice? Various designers and bloggers have vouched that it would not be the end of the world to say toodle-oo to tradition and wear a colorful bridal gown instead.
Don't worry, you will still look like the bride! So, if you have been reconsidering wearing white then know that you're not alone; many designers have begun to appeal to brides like you through creating bridal collections filled with colors that are sure to make you the center of attention on your big day! A little timid to stray from tradition? Try mint green. Want a glamorous wedding night? Gold is for you. Looking to spice up your big day and wow your friends and family? RED! White isn't right for every bride, but for those non-traditional brides it is important to know that there are a multitude of options. Let's just hope it doesn't include soccer balls. To see more examples of stunning, colorful bridal gowns, check out The Cut's article, "45 Stunning Nontraditional Wedding Dresses," or BuzzFeed's article, "36 Colorful Wedding Gowns That Prove You Don’t Have To Wear White."
As the usual stress comes from the planning of a wedding, there are just some things that you cannot plan for. Whether it maybe some rain showers, a strap snapping on a shoe or the more shameful intoxicated bridesmaid, these tweets will cure any "Case of the Mondays” and relieve any worries. (Because sometimes, things happen, that are just out of your control...)
Check out Kelsey Borresen from the Huffington Post, she wrote a hilarious 22 Wedding Fails blog and we can all thank Jimmy Fallon for starting the #WEDDINGFAIL Twitter trend.
You just got engaged. You have made all the calls announcing your engagement to friends, family, pets, and maybe even the mail man, but what do you do now? First of all, let it sink in. Enjoy your engagement! You're about to embark on one of life's most joyous events, something you've been thinking about since you first saw J. Lo in The Wedding Planner, your wedding. Fact of the matter is that, just like picking a college, you would be happy with a number of different weddings. With that in mind, take your time looking through blogs filled with pictures of other people's weddings. We recommend Ruffled, a blog that allows you to look up weddings that have just occurred in your area. Ruffled offers pictures of all types of weddings, from a modern Tampa wedding to an artsy San Diego wedding and even rustic New England weddings. You can also find professional photographers in your region by scrolling through the various wedding galleries. So much can be learned through simply looking through pictures of other people's weddings. So, take a breath and enjoy exploring!
Desiree and Greg were married at the newly renovated Bradford Estate in Hainesport, New Jersey. Their Egyptian theme wedding was so fabulously fun with the tables named after Gods and Goddesses like Isis, Horus, Hathor and Ra. The cake and Greg’s ring were decorated with the Eye of Horus which is an ancient symbol of protection, health and royalty. The Eye is also associated with the Goddess Wadjet meaning "green", which fit perfectly with the sage colored dresses the bridesmaids wore.
Along with good fortune, the little bit of rain Mother Nature blessed Desiree and Greg with didn’t stop the celebration. (Rain symbolizes as the last tears a bride will shed in her life.) Rosemary Connors lead a flawless ceremony which led Desiree and Greg down the aisle and into their new love and long life together.
A Garden Party did an amazing job with the flowers and decor!
Egyptain Goddess anyone????
Desiree we absolutely enjoyed getting to know you! We have to say you are one of the happiest people we know and we wish you and Greg all the happiness in the world! Congrats!
June 6th, 2014 marks the 70th anniversary of D-Day, when U.S. troops invaded Normandy, France under the command of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. While we should take today to remember and honor the bravery of our soldiers against the Axis Powers, we should also spend some time cherishing the ones dear to us. Here is an article about a veteran, recently honored for his strength and valor in combat, who turned down a trip to claim his award in DC in order to spend his 70th anniversary with his wife, Rosemary. Bring out the tissues because you're going to need them for this article!
We have all seen the viral videos of flash mob/LipDub proposals but I wasn't ready for this one - seriously, have tissues handy!