Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
The ladies of Kyle Michelle Weddings have always adored winter weddings and it looks like thousands of couples throughout the country feel the same way this year. December 13, 2014 is quickly becoming the most popular wedding date of the year; mainly because it falls on a Saturday and it is the last date with sequential numbers until January 2, 2034 (1/2/34). Brides everywhere have been frantically calling various venues in hopes of securing this special date for their wedding. This search for a venue has truly turned into a treasure hunt since, while around 7,200 couples wed on the second weekend of December last year, close to 20,000 couples are expected to wed in the same weekend of 2014 - about three times 2013's number! As a result, a DJ company from New York called Scratch Weddings has reported a 300% increase in requests for December weddings since last year alone.
For all of these reasons we are so happy that our 12/13/14 couple, Marie and Michael, have secured Congress Hall in Cape May (pictured above) for their wedding day! We have been having so much fun helping to plan their wedding and we absolutely can not wait to see the end result! Congratulations Marie and Michael, you're one of the lucky 20,000 who will have a truly special wedding day!
VIDEO COURTESY OF: FYI, TELEVISION NETWORK YOUTUBE CHANNEL
These days there are many social experiments, some seem to have a smaller impact on people’s lives than others, but where do we as individuals draw the line? The latest shocker airs every Tuesday at 9ET/10PT on the fyi, network. “Married at First Sight" is a television show consisting of six individuals that have let a team of four specialists to find them the perfect match. A sexologist, spiritualist, psychologist and sociologist believe (and the producers of the show) that they can scientifically match two individuals as soul mates. Some of you may get in a tiff over how ridiculous a concept such as this show is, but lets be real, many people leave the advice of one doctor to completely rule and define their lives… and aren’t four better than one?
When considering what delicious dessert you want to provide to the guests at your reception, there are many more options than just cake! For this reason, the gals at Kyle Michelle have made a list of 5 alternative desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth just as much as the traditional cake.
1. Cupcake Cake: Cupcakes are a fun and easy alternative to cake. They both eliminate the messiness of cutting cake into individual servings and provide a variety of flavors that will make every guest happy!
2. Donuts: These fried treats are quickly becoming the most popular handheld dessert. Just like cupcakes, you can order a large number of various flavors that are sure to impress and satisfy your hungry guests!
3. Homemade Dessert Bar: A great way to get your family and friends involved in the wedding is by asking them to provide the dessert! Your grandmother's famous chocolate chip cookies combined with your cousin's truffles can combine to form a delicious dessert bar. This setup also gives your guests the chance to have a little bit of everything. Tailor your treats to the time of year to make the bar even more special! (e.g. for summer have some fruit tarts and lemon pie while rich chocolate and snowflake cookies would be more fitting for winter)
4. Macaroon Tower: Add a bit of Parisian elegance to your reception by choosing a tower of macaroons as your main dessert. Since they come in almost every color, you can even match them to your designated wedding hues!
5. S'mores Station: These tasty treats are not only delicious but also super easy to setup! Another plus to this delightful dessert is that all of your guests are already familiar with it, ensuring that a large amount of the crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows you provide will be eaten.
To say we fell in love with this entire family is an understatement. As a referral from a current bride, Julie's mom Susan came to us a year before her daughter's wedding. All she wanted was for Julie and Justin to enjoy their wedding day while also having the peace of mind herself that everything was being handled. We were delighted to take on this task! Their venue Le Meridien was perfect for their urban black and white affair. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day in May for a wedding. Julie and Justin enjoyed every aspect of their wedding including the great food and dancing the night away!
A first look-lovely!
I love their families faces-priceless!
We have never seen a more packed dance floor. CTO Park Central rocked all night long!
A perfect ending for a perfect night! Thank you Julie and Justin for letting us be a part of your day. We loved getting to know you and your families. Congrats!