Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
Marty and Mike got married at the amazing Horticulture Center which fit their "exotic jungle theme" wedding to perfection. A wedding has never come around in full circle like this one - starting with the invitations to the florals, the entire design of this wedding just bled into each other perfectly. As you will see scrolling through these pictures the entire wedding from start to finish fit their personalities just flawless. Very colorful, bubbly, and so outgoing. This couple was stunning inside and out and we absolutely loved planning this amazing wedding!
Marty was the most amazing bride - she completely put her trust in us as wedding planners which made the experience super easy and calming. She was so bubbly, happy, in love and obviously, STUNNING!!
Lauren & Michael are the perfect match! They truly complete one another which showed beautifully on their wedding day and in their pictures! It was so heartwarming to see how happy they made each other. It was an honor to play a part in their wedding!
Eat. Drink. Suit Up.
Glam~Squad's on point!
When the best man sneaks into the girls room! LOL
Such a simply beautiful dress.. We loved it!!
So excited before walking down the aisle!!
Here comes the bride!
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Covington!
With my whole heart, for my whole life.
Such a cutie pie!!
I choose you this day and everyday.
That ring though!! So gorgeous!
Absolutely loving the small bridal parties that are becoming so popular! I think it's so sweet to have the people who mean the absolute most to you stand with you on your wedding day! It makes it all the more special!
The best things to hold onto in life is each other~ Audrey Hepburn
Together is a beautiful place to be!
It's all in the details!
Such a beautiful first dance!
Time for speeches!
Here's to love and laughter and happily ever after!
Mother & Son dance!
Father & Daughter dance!
Dancing the night away!
We had so much fun making this board for Lauren and Michael's wedding!! We are able to customize it for any of our brides!
Eat, Drink & Be Married!
& so the adventure begins!
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Covington! We wish you nothing but the best!
A special thanks to all the vendors!!
EVENT PLANNER: Kyle Michelle Weddings
CATERING: Stephen Starr Events
DESSERT: Cake Life Cake Shop
DJ: Love Sick INC
DRAPPING & LIGHTING: Eventions Productions
FLORAL DESIGN: Beautiful Blooms
FURNITURE RENTAL: MaggPie Vintage Rental
GUITARIST: Jason Swanson Music
HAIRSTYLIST/MAKE UP ARTIST: La Bella Sposa Philly
PHOTOGRAPHER: Alison Conklin Photography
RECEPTION VENUE: The Horticulture Center
VIDEOGRAPHER: Love Sick INC
We have been working on this Philly Venue Review for a while now-researching, adding our own two cents and categorizing these amazing venues for your eyes only...well for the Internets eyes only!
Featured Industrial/Contemporary Philly Venues
This might be our favorite category, I am a sucker for spaces not naturally suited for weddings. In fact some people may find these spaces completely unacceptable to host ones "I Do's," but not us. We love the exposed pipes, uneven flooring and exposed brick.
1. Power Plant Productions- A space unique to Philly located practically under The Ben Franklin Bridge on North 2nd Street. This space is the definition of an open industrial space. With 4,000 sq. feet the Power Plant is perfect for a chill vibe, made for a couple who can envision up lighting accents, long tables filled with candles or a party like no other! Not to mention the $7 parking garage right across the street-definitely a commodity in Philadelphia.
2. Peche at Sherman Mills- While not technically located in Philadelphia, just a short drive to Radnor, we couldn't leave this venue out of our review. High ceilings, exposed pipes and windows that go on for days, yep that's Peche! With one of Philadelphia's finest catering companies at the helm, Peachtree Catering, you can't possibly go wrong. This large space and very open ceiling lends itself to creative ceiling decor- exciting for any wedding planner (especially us!)
3. Front and Palmer- "Industrial Strength Parties," we agree! Front and Palmer stands alone when it comes to location, ambiance and not to mention food. Feast Your Eyes Catering presents this chic loft perfect for a cocktail party or sit down dinner for 200 of your closest guests. The original hard wood flooring makes a statement in and of it's self-to die for!
4. URBN- If you are into fashion then this could be your space. URBN is yes, the Urban Outfitters Headquarters, perfect for a fashionista-or someone who likes big open spaces with lots of windows. This truly one of a kind space is vast in size, but intimate enough for a cozy wedding. The true beauty of this venue is in the unlimited possibilities.
Featured Historic Philly Venues
As you may know Philadelphia is quite historical...and if you didn't know perhaps you should go back to grade school and learn a little about history. For this reason I love Philly. In no other town can you walk the actual cobblestone path of our founding fathers. So when I think of getting married in Philadelphia among all this history it seems regal and a bit romantic.
1. The Franklin Institute- If sitting at the base of a 20ft. statue of Benjamin Franklin is the slice of history you envisioned for your wedding reception you have come to the right place. The Franklin Institute will leave your guests in awe of this spectacular location. You will also enjoy the professional staff of Frog Commissary Catering as they provide you with deliciously artful presentations!
2. College of Physicians- Historically regal. The College of Physicians is the epitome of grand, from the staircase to the marble floors, to the handcrafted ceiling straight out of 1800's. You will feel like a queen for the day as you sit among thousands of books in the Gross Library or dance the night away bound by the 30 ft. walls. Catering by Design only adds to the ambient atmosphere providing guests with design elements crafted especially for each occasion.
3. Stotesbury Mansion- Talk about history, this one takes the cake. And by cake I mean, Dolly's Madison's fireplace straight from the White House and an entire ballroom imported in 1914 from England. The Stotesbury's were the socialites of the early 1900's providing the perfect space for a ritzy formal evening for one's wedding. Located in Rittenhouse Square and catered by the amazing Feastivities this place makes a statement of true Philadelphia history.
4. The Union League- The Union League of Philadelphia founded in 1862 is the quintessential Philadelphia venue. With your choice of rooms, no matter which you choose you will find yourself surrounded by architecture of the early 1900's. Located on Broad Street you and your guests will be in the heart of Philadelphia. Not to mention, The Union League offers a complimentary room for the newlyweds and additional rooms for your guests.
Featured Modern Philly Venues
It's a modern girls' paradise. These unique venues offer a touch of Philadelphia while transporting you to unique places unlike anything you would normally associate with the city. We love a space that provides it's own ambiance!
1. Hamilton Garden at The Kimmel Center- Overlooking the entire Kimmel Center Complex, Hamilton Garden is the ideal location for a modernly classic vibe. From the glass ceiling to the hardwood floors you can't go wrong with any color scheme. With the worldly cuisine of Garces Catering you are sure to provide your guests with a delectable dining experience.
2. Atrium at The Curtis Center -This venue is to die for, complete with a 12 story ceiling and 2 story waterfall you will absolutely love the endless possibilities of this modern Philly venue. As a part of the Cescaphe Event Group you get all the bells and whistles they have to offer including the amazing menu with the renowned Cescaphe Crab Cakes.
3. Tendenza- Another unique venue by The Cescaphe Event Group located in Northern Liberties. This modern space is chalk full of design elements including exposed brick, floor to ceiling mirrors, stainless steel and white leather columns and not to mention the stunning crystal chandeliers. This space speaks for itself needing little extra decor.
Featured Blank Slate Venue
A blank slate - our perfect venue! However, it can sometimes be a brides worst nightmare. With the help of professionals a blank slate offers couples the ability to customize their wedding unlike any other. From floor to ceiling you can make these venues tell a story.
1. TRUST- Ahhh, this venue is close to our hearts. Yes, Meghan said her "I do's" to her High School sweetheart at The Trust Venue. With white marble floors and white walls you can't go wrong customizing this space into your dream wedding. It is perfect for beautiful up lighting, dramatic draping and fabulous furniture. Located next to The Betsy Ross House you can even host your cocktail hour in their quaint courtyard making your event truly a Philadelphia experience.
Featured Natural/Organic Venues
A breath of fresh air, these organic venues breath life into the vast urban atmosphere of Philadelphia. We are reminded of the beautiful natural surroundings among the stone buildings that define Philadelphia.
1. Terrain at Glen Mills- Not officially Philadelphia, but a stones throw away you will find the most blogged about space in our area. With a restored antique greenhouse as your event space you can't possibly be any closer to the organic vibe that encompasses Terrain. Our love for this venue cannot be described, but rest assured it is perfect for anyone who loves a naturally artistic space.
2. Horticulture Center- Fairmount Park Conservancy- Stephen STARR Events is the perfect caterer for this venue. Set literally in the midst of beautiful greenery. This venue transports you out of Philadelphia and into an organic sanctuary made for a couple who love the outdoors.
As wedding planners we love unique venues that represent couples on one of the most important day's of their lives. Choosing your venue should be a fun process and hopefully this fun blog has inspired you to find your perfect venue.
We LOVE Philadelphia!!!!