The day began early at the Society Hill Sheraton Hotel in Philadelphia. When the Kyle Michelle team arrived on the scene, the bride was busy getting ready and the groom was kickin' it back with his closest men (and little men!). We ventured over to Amanda's room first to check on things!
After checking on the bride, we moved on to see Chris and make sure the boys weren't getting into too much trouble! After pinning the boutonnieres on the men, we left the room so that Chris could read Amanda's love letter and open her wedding gift to him - a beautiful watch.
With both wedding parties ready to go, we took the trolleys down the street for the first look before the ceremony. Once Chris saw his beautiful bride and a few kisses were exchanged, the bridesmaids and groomsmen joined their photoshoot. While the girls were busy posing for the camera, Chris surprised his groomsmen with a special present - personalized flasks!
Here comes the bride! In the early afternoon, everyone began heading over to Old St. Mary's Church for the ceremony. It was a truly beautiful Catholic service that ended with a parade of bubbles outside the church doors! Don't believe us? Take a look!
Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you Mr. and Mrs. Bernardi!
And the party begins! This crazy bunch of people didn't stop once the music started - we even joined in and danced with them a bit! From the first dance, to dances with the parents, and finally to the cake cutting, we loved each and every moment of this wedding. Congratulations Amanda and Chris, we hope you two had an amazing wedding day and that you enjoy an even more incredible life together!
We have been working on this Philly Venue Review for a while now-researching, adding our own two cents and categorizing these amazing venues for your eyes only...well for the Internets eyes only!
Featured Industrial/Contemporary Philly Venues
This might be our favorite category, I am a sucker for spaces not naturally suited for weddings. In fact some people may find these spaces completely unacceptable to host ones "I Do's," but not us. We love the exposed pipes, uneven flooring and exposed brick.
1. Power Plant Productions- A space unique to Philly located practically under The Ben Franklin Bridge on North 2nd Street. This space is the definition of an open industrial space. With 4,000 sq. feet the Power Plant is perfect for a chill vibe, made for a couple who can envision up lighting accents, long tables filled with candles or a party like no other! Not to mention the $7 parking garage right across the street-definitely a commodity in Philadelphia.
2. Peche at Sherman Mills- While not technically located in Philadelphia, just a short drive to Radnor, we couldn't leave this venue out of our review. High ceilings, exposed pipes and windows that go on for days, yep that's Peche! With one of Philadelphia's finest catering companies at the helm, Peachtree Catering, you can't possibly go wrong. This large space and very open ceiling lends itself to creative ceiling decor- exciting for any wedding planner (especially us!)
3. Front and Palmer- "Industrial Strength Parties," we agree! Front and Palmer stands alone when it comes to location, ambiance and not to mention food. Feast Your Eyes Catering presents this chic loft perfect for a cocktail party or sit down dinner for 200 of your closest guests. The original hard wood flooring makes a statement in and of it's self-to die for!
4. URBN- If you are into fashion then this could be your space. URBN is yes, the Urban Outfitters Headquarters, perfect for a fashionista-or someone who likes big open spaces with lots of windows. This truly one of a kind space is vast in size, but intimate enough for a cozy wedding. The true beauty of this venue is in the unlimited possibilities.
Featured Historic Philly Venues
As you may know Philadelphia is quite historical...and if you didn't know perhaps you should go back to grade school and learn a little about history. For this reason I love Philly. In no other town can you walk the actual cobblestone path of our founding fathers. So when I think of getting married in Philadelphia among all this history it seems regal and a bit romantic.
1. The Franklin Institute- If sitting at the base of a 20ft. statue of Benjamin Franklin is the slice of history you envisioned for your wedding reception you have come to the right place. The Franklin Institute will leave your guests in awe of this spectacular location. You will also enjoy the professional staff of Frog Commissary Catering as they provide you with deliciously artful presentations!
2. College of Physicians- Historically regal. The College of Physicians is the epitome of grand, from the staircase to the marble floors, to the handcrafted ceiling straight out of 1800's. You will feel like a queen for the day as you sit among thousands of books in the Gross Library or dance the night away bound by the 30 ft. walls. Catering by Design only adds to the ambient atmosphere providing guests with design elements crafted especially for each occasion.
3. Stotesbury Mansion- Talk about history, this one takes the cake. And by cake I mean, Dolly's Madison's fireplace straight from the White House and an entire ballroom imported in 1914 from England. The Stotesbury's were the socialites of the early 1900's providing the perfect space for a ritzy formal evening for one's wedding. Located in Rittenhouse Square and catered by the amazing Feastivities this place makes a statement of true Philadelphia history.
4. The Union League- The Union League of Philadelphia founded in 1862 is the quintessential Philadelphia venue. With your choice of rooms, no matter which you choose you will find yourself surrounded by architecture of the early 1900's. Located on Broad Street you and your guests will be in the heart of Philadelphia. Not to mention, The Union League offers a complimentary room for the newlyweds and additional rooms for your guests.
Featured Modern Philly Venues
It's a modern girls' paradise. These unique venues offer a touch of Philadelphia while transporting you to unique places unlike anything you would normally associate with the city. We love a space that provides it's own ambiance!
1. Hamilton Garden at The Kimmel Center- Overlooking the entire Kimmel Center Complex, Hamilton Garden is the ideal location for a modernly classic vibe. From the glass ceiling to the hardwood floors you can't go wrong with any color scheme. With the worldly cuisine of Garces Catering you are sure to provide your guests with a delectable dining experience.
2. Atrium at The Curtis Center -This venue is to die for, complete with a 12 story ceiling and 2 story waterfall you will absolutely love the endless possibilities of this modern Philly venue. As a part of the Cescaphe Event Group you get all the bells and whistles they have to offer including the amazing menu with the renowned Cescaphe Crab Cakes.
3. Tendenza- Another unique venue by The Cescaphe Event Group located in Northern Liberties. This modern space is chalk full of design elements including exposed brick, floor to ceiling mirrors, stainless steel and white leather columns and not to mention the stunning crystal chandeliers. This space speaks for itself needing little extra decor.
Featured Blank Slate Venue
A blank slate - our perfect venue! However, it can sometimes be a brides worst nightmare. With the help of professionals a blank slate offers couples the ability to customize their wedding unlike any other. From floor to ceiling you can make these venues tell a story.
1. TRUST- Ahhh, this venue is close to our hearts. Yes, Meghan said her "I do's" to her High School sweetheart at The Trust Venue. With white marble floors and white walls you can't go wrong customizing this space into your dream wedding. It is perfect for beautiful up lighting, dramatic draping and fabulous furniture. Located next to The Betsy Ross House you can even host your cocktail hour in their quaint courtyard making your event truly a Philadelphia experience.
Featured Natural/Organic Venues
A breath of fresh air, these organic venues breath life into the vast urban atmosphere of Philadelphia. We are reminded of the beautiful natural surroundings among the stone buildings that define Philadelphia.
1. Terrain at Glen Mills- Not officially Philadelphia, but a stones throw away you will find the most blogged about space in our area. With a restored antique greenhouse as your event space you can't possibly be any closer to the organic vibe that encompasses Terrain. Our love for this venue cannot be described, but rest assured it is perfect for anyone who loves a naturally artistic space.
2. Horticulture Center- Fairmount Park Conservancy- Stephen STARR Events is the perfect caterer for this venue. Set literally in the midst of beautiful greenery. This venue transports you out of Philadelphia and into an organic sanctuary made for a couple who love the outdoors.
As wedding planners we love unique venues that represent couples on one of the most important day's of their lives. Choosing your venue should be a fun process and hopefully this fun blog has inspired you to find your perfect venue.
We LOVE Philadelphia!!!!