Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
While we are eating our veggies trying to stick to our New Year's resolutions, we are also day dreaming about days past and sweets. To try and satisfy our cravings we have tracked down our favorite wedding cakes. Here are the cakes we have fallen in love with and are drooling over.
Cake This is based all the way in Cairns, Australia, but we can't help ourselves with their creations! Their edible works of art makes our mouths both drop and water at the same time. Check out their feed and website!
Prepare yourself for wedding cake overload in the best possible way. Cathy Haebe's San Francisco based cake studio, Knead to Make, has an Instagram feed that is perennially filled with incredible looking cakes that will make you question why you don't eat cake every day. Her website is just as wonderful!
Sugarplum Cake Shop is a French bakery that offers high-end wedding patisserie with unique designs. Although France is a long way away, Sugarplum's designs will give you many great ideas for your own wedding cake! Their feed and website is perfect for a bride who wants artful and out-of-this-world delicious desserts.
If you're vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, we've found your go-to Instagram for designing your wedding cake. Lael Cakes' feed and website is filled with cakes and show stopping flower toppers guaranteed to make your mouth water.
Sweet & Saucy Shop, a California-based dessert and cake studio, has an Instagram feed and website that features endless images of pastel-colored cakes, macarons, cake pops, and other indulgences.
When considering what delicious dessert you want to provide to the guests at your reception, there are many more options than just cake! For this reason, the gals at Kyle Michelle have made a list of 5 alternative desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth just as much as the traditional cake.
1. Cupcake Cake: Cupcakes are a fun and easy alternative to cake. They both eliminate the messiness of cutting cake into individual servings and provide a variety of flavors that will make every guest happy!
2. Donuts: These fried treats are quickly becoming the most popular handheld dessert. Just like cupcakes, you can order a large number of various flavors that are sure to impress and satisfy your hungry guests!
3. Homemade Dessert Bar: A great way to get your family and friends involved in the wedding is by asking them to provide the dessert! Your grandmother's famous chocolate chip cookies combined with your cousin's truffles can combine to form a delicious dessert bar. This setup also gives your guests the chance to have a little bit of everything. Tailor your treats to the time of year to make the bar even more special! (e.g. for summer have some fruit tarts and lemon pie while rich chocolate and snowflake cookies would be more fitting for winter)
4. Macaroon Tower: Add a bit of Parisian elegance to your reception by choosing a tower of macaroons as your main dessert. Since they come in almost every color, you can even match them to your designated wedding hues!
5. S'mores Station: These tasty treats are not only delicious but also super easy to setup! Another plus to this delightful dessert is that all of your guests are already familiar with it, ensuring that a large amount of the crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows you provide will be eaten.
follow us on instagram