Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
We are really excited to introduce the newest member of our Kyle Michelle Weddings family!
Emily grew up with two older sisters who surrounded her with only the best music – Backstreet Boys, 'N SYNC, and Spice Girls. Having been raised by a father who initially wanted a son but ended up with three girls, Emily was always driven to try out various sports and activities including soccer, swimming, gymnastics, track, and lacrosse. When she fell down she was told to "rub some dirt in it," which is exactly how she lives her life. Today, she is a devoted cheerleader for the University of Pennsylvania as well as a competitive runner in half marathons across the country. Although she was surrounded by girls growing up, Emily's true role model has always been her father. As a result, she constantly pushes herself to live her life to the fullest, put her best effort into everything she works on, and to pick herself back up and march on if she ever is to fall.
While the Diaz sisters are known to be competitive with one another, they always support each other through every endeavor they face. Her eldest sister has recently finished her first year of medical school at the University of Texas at San Antonio while her other older sister just graduated from Duke University. Emily hopes to live up to her sisters' outstanding reputations as she continues on with her undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania, where she plans on majoring in Communications as well as minoring in Classical Studies and Consumer Psychology. After graduation, Emily aims to go to business school, earn an MBA degree, and begin working in the wedding planning industry.
Get to know Emily a little more with her Q&A below:
1. Where were you born?
2. What is your favorite smell?
My mom's perfume, but not in a creepy way. It just makes me feel safe.
3. Do you have a special talent?
Running. I go on a run for about an hour or more every day to stay healthy and sane.
4. What is your favorite food?
Bread. Does that count? I could just eat bread for the rest of my life and be completely content.
5. What are your top three favorite quotes? 1.
1. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
2. Give me a star to reach for, tell me what it takes and I'll go so high. -Macklemore
3. For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. What is your favorite sound?
Hearing my family talking and eating breakfast in my downstairs kitchen when I wake up
7. If you could move anywhere, where would you go?
Hawaii, Robyn and I would be next door neighbors.
8. If you had to pick a hero, who would it be?
9. If you could become anyones friend, who would you choose?
10. What kind of wedding is your favorite wedding?
Rustic and elegant.
11. If you could play any character on t.v., who would you be?
Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill.
12. Who is your favorite wedding gown designer?
Hayley Paige and Francesca Miranda.
13. If you could speak any language, what would it be?
French, I especially want to master the French laugh.
14. What book are you currently reading?
Everything Matters by Ron Currie Jr., it's a MUST read!
15. What is your favorite movie of all time?
The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy.
16. Are you a morning or night person?
Morning! I'm always up bright and early.
17. If you were to perform in the circus what would you do?
I would definitely want to be riding on the elephants back.