Kyle Michelle Weddings Blog
When considering what delicious dessert you want to provide to the guests at your reception, there are many more options than just cake! For this reason, the gals at Kyle Michelle have made a list of 5 alternative desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth just as much as the traditional cake.
1. Cupcake Cake: Cupcakes are a fun and easy alternative to cake. They both eliminate the messiness of cutting cake into individual servings and provide a variety of flavors that will make every guest happy!
2. Donuts: These fried treats are quickly becoming the most popular handheld dessert. Just like cupcakes, you can order a large number of various flavors that are sure to impress and satisfy your hungry guests!
3. Homemade Dessert Bar: A great way to get your family and friends involved in the wedding is by asking them to provide the dessert! Your grandmother's famous chocolate chip cookies combined with your cousin's truffles can combine to form a delicious dessert bar. This setup also gives your guests the chance to have a little bit of everything. Tailor your treats to the time of year to make the bar even more special! (e.g. for summer have some fruit tarts and lemon pie while rich chocolate and snowflake cookies would be more fitting for winter)
4. Macaroon Tower: Add a bit of Parisian elegance to your reception by choosing a tower of macaroons as your main dessert. Since they come in almost every color, you can even match them to your designated wedding hues!
5. S'mores Station: These tasty treats are not only delicious but also super easy to setup! Another plus to this delightful dessert is that all of your guests are already familiar with it, ensuring that a large amount of the crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows you provide will be eaten.
follow us on instagram